Sunday, April 12, 2015

Two Little Flowers for Paper Players #240

Hello there! This week at The Paper Players, the lovely and talented Joanne is our hostess with a fun color trio to create with: Coastal Cabana, Strawberry Slush and Pistachio Pudding. I’m going to be honest, ANY color combo that has Strawberry Slush included, is a winner in my book. I think that is my favorite shade of pink right now.
I used a new stamp set from Paper Smooches called Twiggy Florets. I just love those fun flowers and the cutie patootie vases. After I colored the images in (using my ink pads and Blender Pens) I felt like they needed a little something more. I added a little spot of Dazzling Diamonds glitter glue to the chevron on one of the vases and then topped the images off with some Crystal Effects for shine. I love using Crystal Effects but I am a terribly impatient person, so waiting for it to dry can drive me bonkers. Ha!

I wanted to keep the card clean and simple (CAS) so instead of adding patterned paper or embossing, I just opted for three little strips of card stock on the background to keep the focus on the fun flowers. I really like how it came out. :)
Please join us over at The Paper Players this week! 
The challenge will close Friday, April 17th, 2015 at Noon (PST).

The Paper Players Design Team
Have a great day! :) 

Follow Me on Pinterest

12 comments:

  1. I love this, Anne Marie! Those vases are adorable and look wonderful with the Crystal Effects over them. I reall like the font of your sentiment, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love strawberry slush,too. Love it on your card! Fun idea for the vases, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet card Anne Marie, those tall skinny flowers are cute! And I agree, Strawberry Slush is pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable! I love the vases! Paper Smooches has some adorable stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love this elongated image - the vases and flowers are just so darn cute! Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very fun colors and clever design.

    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun stamp set and you let it shine, literally and figuratively! I need to play with crystal effects more. Super cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this clean and simple card! Great combination of the colors, and the three strips of cardstock are perfect! I MUST remember to use Crystal Effects the way you have, it's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun little set of flowers you've got here! Love the glossy vases...very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anne Marie, this is just fabulous! I love the shiny vases and the fun, twiggy flowers! ADORABLE card! I will always love Strawberry Slush! I really will be sad when they retire this group of colors! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a cool card, AM! From the glossy, glazed vases to those little strips of cardstock it's all clever and FUN. Great job with these colors. my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous card Anne Marie - I love the tall, skinny flower vases and the glitter border and Crystal Effects look great (I'm always too impatient with this stuff too - I just want to touch it!!) I love the triple diagonal stripes too - they really draw the eye to the vases. Thanks for rocking my colour challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!
Have a great day! :)
Anne Marie